BONAVISTA MUSEUM CO-CURATOR
Title: Museum Co- Curator
Reports To: Archivist
JOB STATUS: Seasonal full‐time (May to September), 30 hours per week, week days and weekend hours required.
RATE OF PAY: $16.97
START DATE: June 1, 2019
As Co-curator, the successful applicant will provide excellent visitor experiences by conducting informative, friendly, and enthusiastic tours to the visiting public. The successful applicant will assist in cataloging, displaying, and storage of artifacts, and basic maintenance of the Museum (i.e. dusting, vacuuming, etc). Applicant will also assist in the management of summer students and manage the online social media presence of the museum.
- Carries out research, collection development, documentation and interpretation for the Museum according to professional standards on current and new collections.
- Maintain records and catalog acquisitions according to professional standards on current and new collections.
- Place artifacts and information on display or place in storage for future reference.
- Attend training, seminars and workshops provided by the MANL
- Welcome museum and exhibit visitors and provide orientation and general information
- Assist with marketing and promoting museum, exhibits and events through social media and other marketing tools
- Assist with the overall daily management of museum
- Create links and networks with relevant groups, agencies, schools etc.
- Prepares and assists with grant writing and funding applications relating to the museum
- Handle inquiries from researchers and the public
- Manage summer student staff and training
- Any other tasks as requested by the Archivist
- Degree or Diploma in Museum Studies, Library Science, Art History, History, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, English, Writing or another relevant program or relevant professional experience in lieu of an educational background
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Knowledge of Bonavista and history
- Knowledge of exhibit development processes, collection development and care
- Excellent research skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Strong computer and social media skills
How To Apply: Please apply for this position by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at Town of Bonavista, PO Box 295, Bonavista, NL A0C 1B0 or drop off resume to the Town Hall by no later than 4:00 pm on May 22, 2019.
Closing Date: 4:00 PM on May 22, 2019