The Town of Bonavista is looking for a Museum Assistant Curator. Under the direction of the Museum Curator and Economic, Culture and Heritage Officer (ECHO), the Museum Curator Assistant performs duties for the operation of the Bonavista Museum for the town.
Wage: As per the Union Agreement
Duration of Position: Seasonal – May to September (approximately 18 weeks)
The duties of the Museum Assistant Curator are as follows:-
- Assist the Museum Curator with all day-to-day operations of the museum.
- Assist with opening and closing the museum for the season.
- Welcomes guests and provides guided tours of the museum.
- Assists with public research access and research request.
- Assists with museums’ collections management policies and procedures.
- Maintains social media outreach.
- Assists with training student guides and volunteers.
- Assists with interpretation programs, community outreach and special events.
- Maintains daily reports and statistics and provides the visitor with accurate information about the site, exhibits and special events.
- All other related duties as required.
- Applicants must have an interest in Bonavista / Newfoundland History.
- Knowledge of museum and archival practice is considered a definite asset.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and written skills.
- Must be willing to attend training in museum practices through MANL / ANLA.
- University education in history, folklore or related disciplines would be an asset.
- Previous experience as an asset.
This position is open to male and female applicants. Please send your resumé to the address below and clearly marked “Application for Museum Assistant Curator” or by e-mail to:
Economic, Culture and Heritage Officer (ECHO), Town of Bonavista
95 Church Street
P.O Box 279
Bonavista, NL A0C 1B0
Applications will not be accepted via Facebook. The deadline for applications is 3:00 p.m. on April 29, 2022.