The Town of Bonavista is looking for a Seasonal Labourer. Duties of the Seasonal Labourer are as follows:-
- Perform general duties for the operation and maintenance of Public Works and Water and Sewer Works for the Town.
- Assists skilled tradesmen such as Heavy Equipment Operators, Truck Drivers, Pipe Fitter, etc. with the performance of their work.
- Performs any and all manual duties in the normal operation of the Town as assigned by the Supervisor including erecting signs, constructing barricades, fences and painting, etc.
- Operates light equipment such as Pick-Up Trucks for transportation of employees and material to and from work sites.
- Assists in maintenance and upkeep of Town facilities and keeps building entrances free from ice and snow.
- Assists the Waste Disposal Site Attendant with maintenance of Town Dump, when required.
- Ensures that tools, light equipment, barricades, etc. are properly cared for and returned to specified location when finished with them.
- Operates and cares for Town equipment such as water pumps and hoses, etc., and ensures that proper safety precautions are taken for the protection and safety of employees, general public and private properties, and Town equipment.
- Performs other related duties.
This position is open to male and female applicants. Please send application complete with a resumé to the address below and clearly marked “Application for Labourer” or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 3:00 p.m. July 10, 2020.
David Hiscock, C.M.C.
Town of Bonavista
P.O. Box 279
Bonavista, NL A0C 1B0