Bulk Garbage Curbside Collection Days
Bulk garbage collection for Bonavista will be held on the designated day for your area. Registration is required for pick up. You must call or email the Town Hall to schedule collection. It may take several days for all bulk garbage items to be removed from all residences in the area. For example, if you are scheduled for curbside pick-up on Monday, if there are a high number of scheduled collections, the pickup may occur on the next day.
Register for Curbside Collection
To arrange for bulk garbage curbside collection please contact the Town Hall.
Call: 1-877-571-9185 or 709-468-7747
Email: [email protected]
Bulk Collection Days
- April 4 — Canaille
- April 11 — Old Catalina Road
- April 18 — Bakeapple Marsh
- April 26 — Mockbeggar
- May 2 — Cellar Hill
- May 9 — Red Point
- May 16 — Bayley’s Cove
Bulk collection Guidelines:
- Place items at your own curb by 8 a.m. Only items placed on the curb will be removed. Municipal employees will not pick up items throughout your property.
- Garbage must be accessible and boxes free of snow/debris.
- All items must be bagged or bundled and tied. Scattered or loose items will not be collected.
- Car wrecks will not be accepted during this bulk collection. However, please contact town hall to arrange for pick up at a later time.
- A limit of 500 lbs or one pick-up load (whichever is less) will be collected from each household.
- Bulk items will not be picked up after the scheduled collection days.
- Sofas, tables, chairs, and furniture
- Children’s toys
- Desks and bookshelves
- Fridges, stoves, washers, dryers, and other household appliances
- Box springs and mattresses
- Dressers and bathroom fixtures
- Carpet and flooring tied in rolls
- Doors and window boxes
- Tree limbs tied in bundles less than 1.5 m (4 ft)
- Glass, securely placed in puncture-proof packaging and marked as BROKEN GLASS
- Iron & removable car parts (all fluids must be removed by the resident prior to collection)
- Other bulk items normally associated with a household
- Scattered or lose items
- Wood over 4 ft long
- Items that do not fit in a pick-up truck
- Fire pits and loose ash
- Shingles and construction materials
- Fishnets and gear
- Car wrecks, car chassis, & frames
- Animal carcasses & special wastes
- Hazardous waste
- Brick & concrete
- Earthen materials, stumps, & large trees
- Excrement & liquid waste
- Biomedical waste