The Town of Bonavista is looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator. Reporting to the Director of External Operations (DEO), the Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the operation of all of Council’s heavy equipment such as loaders, backhoes, skid steer, trucks, etc.
- Operates all of Council’s heavy equipment and acts as Truck Driver as required.
- Cleans, checks and services heavy equipment regularly and reports any major damages or problems to the DEO.
- Ensures that care, caution, and safety measures are followed when operating heavy equipment.
- Assists the DEO in monitoring and inspecting road conditions.
- Assists with the installation of accessory equipment such as one-way plows, sanders and other attachments.
- Makes minor repairs or alterations to heavy equipment when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A valid NL/Lab. Class 03, 05, 08, 09 licenses are necessary.
The successful applicant will be guaranteed a minimum of forty (40) hours per week.
Salary is in accordance with the Union Agreement.
This position is open to male and female applicants.
All applicants must ensure they are compliant with the Town’s COVID 19 vaccination policy which can be provided upon request.
Please send application complete with a resumé to the address below and clearly marked “Application for Heavy Equipment Operator” or by e-mail to [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 3:00 p.m., January 4, 2022.