The Town of Bonavista is looking for a Seasonal Labourer. Under the direction of the Director of External Operations (DEO), the Seasonal Labourer performs general duties for the operation and maintenance of public works and water and sewer work for the town.
Wage: As per the Union Agreement
Duration of Position: Seasonal
The duties of the Seasonal Labourer are as follows:-
- Assists skilled tradespersons such as Heavy Equipment Operators, Pipe Fitters and Carpenters etc. with the performance of their work.
- Performs all manual duties in the operation of the town as assigned by the DEO including erecting signs, constructing barricades, fences and painting etc.
- Operates light equipment such as pick-up trucks, pavement saw and plate tamper etc.
- Assists in maintenance and upkeep of town facilities and keeps building entrances free of ice and snow.
- Assists with maintenance of the town dump when required.
- Ensures that tools, light equipment, barricades, etc. are properly cared for and returned to the specified location when finished.
- Assists the Dog Catcher in animal care and control when required.
- Operates and cares for town equipment such as water pumps and hoses, etc. and ensures that proper safety precautions are taken for the protection and safety of employees, the public, private properties, and town equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position is open to all applicants. Driver abstract may be required upon request. Please send your resumé to the address below and clearly marked “Application for Seasonal Labourer” or by e-mail to:
CAO/Clerk, Town of Bonavista
95 Church Street
P.O Box 279
Bonavista, NL A0C 1B0
Applications will not be accepted via Facebook. The deadline for applications is 3:00 p.m. on June 29, 2022.